Hey everybody! Better late than never, so here’s my goals update.
- Save over 70% of my income. PASS. I thought this month would be easier considering my working hours, however, it was pretty close and I only made it because my fabulous boyfriend sold some items on Craigslist/Ebay/Amazon. But, that gets those checked off my to-do list!
- Continue to follow Atkins. FAIL. Between stress eating (chocolate!) and being so busy, it just didn’t happen this month. I’m going to continue trying to eat healthy, but don’t think full-blown Atkins will be on the list during the holiday season.
- Workout at least three times per week. Semi-Pass. Some weeks were better than others, but I managed to get a work out in as much as I could. This Sunday I will be picking up some weights to have at home, so no excuses going forward.
- Plan an amazing birthday for my boyfriend. PASS. His birthday isn’t until mid-November, so I’ll have to wait another month to provide a full update on this, but it’s definitely a pass!!
- Save 60%+ of my income. I have to drop this a bit this month with the holiday season and D’s birthday. I plan to do what I can to make it higher than that, but I want to keep it realistic.
- Enroll in MBA classes. Exciting news…I was accepted to a local university to start taking graduate classes! I’ll be taking between 6-9 credit hours in the spring, so I need to enjoy my free time while I have it. This is also going to take a bite into the savings plan, so I’ll probably need to make some changes.
- Roll over my old 401(k) plan. I recently discovered that not only is my old employer’s plan not beating the market, it has a pretty high expense ratio. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it quite yet (except that I don’t want to make it a tax event), but I need to get it out of their plan. It’s been a struggle the past month because they can’t seem to get my address right, but that should (fingers crossed) be fixed in one week. At least that’s what they say.
- Do at least 2 home workouts each week. As I mentioned above, I’ve purchased some weights to have the option to work out at home. It’s only a waste of money if I don’t use them (in my opinion), so I’m making it a goal to use it on a regular basis. If you have any workout ideas, please share them in the comments!
How have your fall goals being progressing? Any big changes coming in your life?