Hey everybody! Here is my success (and failure) on September goals as well as what I’m hoping to get done in October.
- Save over 50% of my income. WINNER!! For September, I was able to save 73% of my income. That’s right, SEVENTY THREE percent. It feels amazing to be starting my journey towards Financial Independence (FI). Other notable events, I maxed out my Vanguard Roth IRA and the check for my Lending Club IRA went through, so I’m starting to play with that.
- Sell 2+ things on Craigslist/ebay. FAIL. I took pictures, but never got them posted. I’ll try this again in an upcoming month. Maybe near Christmas?
- Push-up challenge (30 every day). FAIL. I needed to do 900 push-ups throughout the month and only completed 260. Pretty horrible and I don’t have a great excuse. This one will have to wait until November to get put back on the to-do list.
- Follow an Atkins diet. WINNER! I started on September 3 and only had a couple cheats since then. I’ll be posting soon about my tips for following a low-carb diet.
- Post at least 1 blog entry per week. WINNER! I posted a total of 9 times this month, pretty evenly spread out with a variety of topics covered.
Ok, October is going to be pretty crazy for me at work. It’s our fiscal year-end, so I’ll be working late nights and weekend(s), depending on how much goes wrong. Fingers crossed. So if you think I’m being lame with my goals, please keep that in mind.
- Save over 70% of my income. Hitting 73% in September tells me it is very possible to make this happen. Especially since work will be covering a lot of my food expenses for 2 weeks in exchange for chaining my leg to my computer. Fair trade, amiright?
- Continue to follow Atkins. This will be more of a challenge this month, since I am a stress eater. Hello, chocolate! But, I was able to put in food orders that should keep me on track. Now I just have to keep my snacks in check.
- Workout at least three times per week. I HATE mornings and that is going to be the only time for me to get a workout in. So, I bought a groupon to a spinning studio close to my apartment and I’m hoping that will be motivation. As well as having to fess up in 30 days if I don’t make it happen.
- Plan an amazing birthday for my boyfriend. It’s the big 3-0, so it needs to be epic sauce. While not killing my budget. Any ideas?