Hey everyone! This is the first month I’ve posted my goals. It’s a bit intimidating to finally vocalize what I’m trying to do and to have to own up if I fail at anything. I’ll follow-up at the end of the month and let you know if I met each goal, what obstacles I faced, and what I will do differently in the future.
- Save over 50% of my income. It’s been a couple months since I was introduced to the idea of early retirement, so it will be interesting to see how easy/hard putting that much away will be. Ideally it’ll be close to the 70% range, but I don’t want to shoot too high at first.
- Sell 2+ things on Craigslist/ebay. I have quite a few items that I’ve been needing to get rid of, so even better if I can make a bit of money off it. I’ve heard that items generally sell for a higher price on Craigslist, but ebay has a wider audience.
- Push-up challenge (30 every day). I have a laughable lack of upper body strength. This should help!
- Follow an Atkins diet. This started today and I’m excited to see some results by the end of the month! I don’t really need to lose weight, but this diet makes me feel better and gives me more energy, so bring on the bacon and steaks and eggs and chicken.
- Post at least 1 blog entry per week. Is it weird to post on a blog about a goal related to said blog? Oh well, it’s a goal!
What are your goals for September? Anything you think I should add to the list?